A three-day weekend in Cleveland dedicated to not working is like having your cake and eating it too. You're moving in the right direction if you're thinking festivals, fair food and flying things. Refuse to commit to an event? We have activities for that. Here's what's happening this Labor Day weekend in The Land.
But first, read about our third Cleveland Hashtag Project appropriately themed for this weekend.
The Great Geauga County Fair | Burton, OH | Thursday - Monday
If you're like me, you've been planning out how to maximize your fair food consumption for quite some time now. It's only once a year the Great Geauga County Fair happens. You don't want to blow it. Music, rides, games and shows like the demolition derby are also highlights.
Cleveland National Air Show | Burke Lakefront Airport | Saturday - Monday
Get to Burke Lakefront Airport to witness jet demonstrations, pyrotechnics, parachuting and death defying stunts aboard a plethora of aircraft with a Lake Erie backdrop. Adrenaline rushes included in the price of admission. The fest is headlined by the U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds. There are also land activities and parked planes for your touring pleasure.
Blossom Movie Night: E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial | Blossom Music Center | Friday 8:30pm
It just seems right to watch E.T. as you lay under the stars while the Cleveland Orchestra plays. Bring picnic baskets, chairs and blankets.
LABOR DAY WEEKEND ACTIVITIES:
Try out some new brews.
Did you know Ohio is one of the top 10 wine-producing states in the country? Celebrate with wine.
Take an urban outdoor adventure.
Patios: Barge Watch, Secret Spots and Rooftop Views.
When's the last time you visited the roller coaster capital of the world?
- The Accidental Comedy Fest / August 31 - September 3, Pickwick & Frolic, Downtown
- St. Rocco Festival / August 31 - September 4 / St. Rocco Church, Cleveland's West Side
- Hungarian Scout Festival / September 1-3 / German Central Park
- Kamm's Corners Greek Festival / September 1-4 / George Varouh Cretan Club of Cleveland, West Park
- St. Elias Middle Eastern Festival / September 1-4 / St. Elias Melkite Church, Cleveland West Side
- Made in Ohio Arts & Crafts Festival / September 2-3 / Hale Farm & Village, Bath
- St. Andrew Ukrainian Festival / September 2-3 / St. Andrew Ukrainian Church, Parma
- St. John Cantius Polish Festival / September 2-3 / St. John Cantius Church, Tremont
- Serbian Cultural Festival / September 2-3 / St. Sava Eastern Orthodox Church, Broadview Heights
- Cleveland Labor Day Oktoberfest / September 2-4 / Cuyahoga County Fairgrounds
Next Article Previous Article